OH MY GOODNESS–IT’S HAPPENING!
Congratulations on your engagement, my sweet friend! You’re embarking on a beautiful journey to “I do” with your soul mate.
After the dust settles (along with your heartbeat), and you’re able to look away from the sparkling rock on your finger, it’s time to plan your engagement party!
You’ve both been waiting for this season of life to begin, and what an exciting time it is for you and your loved ones!
It’s the perfect time to introduce both sides to each other and share the joy! Every aunt/uncle/sister/mister/cousin/brother/mother/and grandparent is going to want to catch a glimpse of your sparkly new rock, too! Not to mention share their congratulations to you IN PERSON!
SO…WHO THROWS THIS THING?
Engagement parties are typically hosted by parents of the bride&groom-to-be, but as traditions modernize, there’s no shame in hosting your own!
1. Select your date. Keep in mind that Saturday’s in the summer are busy for most. Coordinate with parents/relatives schedules and find the day that works best for your party. Sometimes, Friday evenings or Sundays afternoons are easier for everyone to come.
2. Select your location. A space to accommodate your guests comfortably. Rooms with windows create a comfortable feel compared to dimmer conference-type rooms.
3. Selecting a theme can help you coordinate decor, and prevent things from becoming a hodgepodge. If possible, you could use some of this decor for your bridal shower and wedding, too!
4. Fill guests in on your wishes! How to dress (black tie or casual), who they can bring, whether or not gifts will be given (because that’s typically done at the Bridal Shower!).
5. Feed your guests! Most people, (especially yours truly,) LOVE to eat, so be sure to let them know what to expect at your party, so they can eat ahead of time if necessary. Your invitations can state that a meal will be served, or appetizers. Either way, it’s polite to your guests. (And who doesn’t like cake to celebrate, too??)
Things to know/etiquette:
1. Never invite someone to the engagement party that you don’t plan on inviting to the wedding
2. Be sure to include WHO/WHAT/WHEN/WHERE details on your invitations
3. Be sure to send a thank you card, (real or digital), to those that celebrated with you, especially if you were given a gift.
So now that you’ve got all that figured out, are you ready to create your invitations??
Let me introduce you to Basic Invite! It’s your one-stop-shop for every kind of invitation and stationary you’ll need for your wedding events. From the BEAUTIFUL engagement party invitations, to the rehearsal dinner invitations, and to the bells and whistles of wedding invitation suites, they’ve got brides & grooms covered from head to toe!
Engagement party invitations are a great way to start familiarizing yourselves with Basic Invite’s system, so that by the time you design your wedding invitations, you’re a total pro. Creating engagement party invitations helps give you an idea of what colors, themes, and design styles you’ll love for your very own wedding suite.
(PSSST, see that sticky-looking strip on the envelope? That, my friend, is your tongue-saver, so you can peel/stick/stamp/send with ease!)
Other things to know about Basic Invite:
1. (Almost) Unlimited Colors:
Basic Invite is one of the very few stationary services that boasts almost unlimited color options with live previews online. Once you choose your favorite design, you can change the color of each element to over 180 different color options. So, your card will be a true reflection of what you truly want, down to the T!
2. Custom Samples:
B.I. is one of very few that allows customers the ability to order a printed sample of their actual invitation! ISN’T THAT FABULOUS? You’ll see (and FEEL!) exactly how it will print, along with the paper quality, before committing to your final order.
3. A RAINBOW of Envelopes!:
They’re just as colorful with their envelopes! Choose from over 40! different shades, so your invitation POPS out from the letters in your loved one’s mailbox. All envelopes are Peel & Seal, so they can be prepared quickly, and you don’t get a paper cut on your tongue! (I’m going to pretend this hasn’t happened to me while I was sealing my own 6 years ago.)
4. Over 800 Wedding Invitation Suites:
Each of their wedding invitations is part of a set. You can find everything from Save the Date’s to Wedding Invitations and Enclosure Cards, Wedding Menus, Programs, and even matching Thank You Cards! Ahh, coordination…is there anything more lovely??
(PSSST, THAT’S RAISED FOIL! It is SO pretty and SO shiny!)
5. Free Address Collection Service:
Free address collection service to request your guest’s addresses with just three simple steps: Share the link, collect addresses, and receive free envelope printing.
6. Keepsake Guest Books:
Perfectly personalized wedding guest books are the perfect addition to your wedding day stationery. These customizable guest books have a hidden internal ring, which allows them to lay totally flat for a classy and convenient look. With clean designed pages, it’s a wonderful opportunity for your wedding guests to leave sweet words and well wishes.
7. Free Wedding Websites:
Like their uber-customizable invitations, their wedding websites are yours to create! Let your inner graphic designer roam free! They’re mobile friendly, and user friendly, too. Add your wedding details, engagement photos, maps with directions, hotel info, sites to see in your ceremony town, and more. Match the theme to your invitation suite, and create a consistent and organized impression and experience for all your loved ones.
BONUS! New additions:
They just introduced their new Clear Collection seal & send invitations, added rose gold(!!!) foil, and introduced foil place cards, too! Is there anything Basic Invite can’t do?? There are so many options covered by this wonderful company!
And congratulations again, I am so thrilled for you to embark on the journey of a lifetime! You’re glowing in this beautiful season of life, and I couldn’t be more happy for you. Remember to bask in the joy, kiss often, and take lots of photos, ’cause that’s your window back to these memories!